The holidays are a great time to show gratitude and appreciation through holiday cards and gifts. Choose effective and impactful gifts on behalf of your business to get the best bang for your buck. Here’s a few tips:
- Make it useful. Choose items that can be used year-round. Ex: sticky notes.
- Give your business. Can you gift your services instead of a physical item?
- Donate. Consider making a donation in your receiver’s name. (This is also great for your write offs.)
- Exchange goods and services. This can be a win-win for everyone. Consider working with other local companies to exchange your services for their items which you can use for your gifts. This option can be very cost-effective and mutually beneficial for everyone involved.
- Brand it. Branding your company gifts is totally okay. Just make sure if tastefully done and provides value to your company.
- Think of the team. Be sure to consider not only the top level managers, but their support staff as well. Spread the holiday cheer.
- Be tactful. Sending cards and gifts should not be overdone. Keep it simple and thoughtful without turning it into a tchotchke giveaway.
- Something other than sugar. We all love sweet treats, but let’s also recognize that there is no shortage of sugar between the holiday cookies, candy canes and fudge bites.
Regardless of what you give, there’s no substitution to recognizing your partners, allies and friends. Appreciation can go a long way.